Are you currently Branch Nurse or Lead / Head Nurse in a Care Home or experienced Senior Nursing professional looking for a work / life balance, a position that will allow you utilise all those years of training and experience in a different setting, a role in a really exciting and rapidly growing organisation?
Here at Florence, one of the UK’s fastest growing tech providers to the healthcare sector, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Branch Nurse or Senior Nursing professional looking for a change in career direction.
It’s a great role that will see you working with our Chief Nurse in supporting our team of Nursing professionals out there making a real difference.
This is a permanent position that offers real long term development opportunities and the chance to build a career within a rapidly growing organisation, one that is looking to more than double its workforce within the next 12 month.
The role is essential to the business success and as such you will receive a fantastic level of support and training to ensure you have all the knowledge and skills to be successful.
At Florence, we’re on a mission to be the number one tech provider for social care staffing.
Our marketplace app helps care workers book shifts without the need for recruitment agencies, and our training and rota platforms help users improve their professional development, save time and work smarter.
Launched in 2017, we work with 85,000+ nurses, carers and support workers, and more than 2000 care providers across the UK. Nurses and carers have worked over 2 million hours and earned more than £25 million by booking shifts through Florence.
We are a growing team of 80+, founded and led by a former doctor-turned-entrepreneur. With offices now across London, Glasgow & Birmingham, this is a really exciting time to join Florence and be part of a tech startup with a purpose.
The post holder will work as part of the integral FLORENCE Governance team to provide a senior nurse overview to support the Governance and compliance structure in Scotland. As the conduit between the other regional branches, the Branch Nurse post will have oversight of the organisation from a compliance perspective and support the Branch to prepare for Regulatory inspections in a collaborative and supportive manner.
The Branch Nurse will be the first point of contact for nursing interviews within this region and will liaise with the central governance team to ensure accurate records are made of the interviews completed. Additionally, the post holder will provide support to the Chief Nurse in relation to supervisions and appraisals within the region, in addition to assignments that are appropriate to the function of the organisation, such as regulatory requirements (NMC), revalidation support and other such undertakings as agreed with the CN.
Frequently there will be a requirement to work without direct supervision, but the expectation is that the policies and processes of the organisation will be adhered to at all times.
Principle Areas of Responsibility Managerial
1. Offers a full range of managerial nurse support to the Regional Team and across the organisation as required by the Chief Nurse.
2. Works without direct supervision and is able to escalate concerns as required.
3. Conducts all nursing interviews as per regulatory requirement and records these as completed in the Compliance Tracker
4. Undertakes the mandatory 2 supervisions per annum with all registered nurses who are active within the registered service.
5. Completes the annual appraisal with those nurses who are active within the registered service
6. Undertakes risk assessments (Pregnancy / Healthcare) as required and records those in the appropriate tracker.
7. Provides support to the Audit Manager where issues with compliance are identified
8. Liaises directly with the Registered Manager for the region to support with additional appropriate requirements such as the Customer Needs Assessments and speaking in a supportive manner with clients / workers as required if issues have arisen
9. Supports the Chief Nurse to review Policies and Procedures relevant to the Registered Service in readiness for any regulatory inspection.
10. Maintains accurate, contemporaneous and legible written records of activity
11. Uses effective communication, written and verbal with all levels of the FLORENCE team.
12. Fosters good relationships with the wider organisation and advises at a senior level where required and in the absence of the Chief Nurse may be required to deputise.
13. Actively works towards registering as the Registered Manager for the region with a view to registering within the first 3 months of the post.
1. Adheres to all FLORENCE policies relevant to the post.
2. Takes responsibility as the Branch Nurse (Clinical Lead for the region) to maintain professional registration and organisational credibility for role
3. Contributes to the Governance and Compliance agenda and supports the development of an exceptional service within the registered region
4. Maintains own professional requirements for re-registration and ensures all criteria for revalidation is met.
Education and Training
1. Completes all statutory and mandatory training as required for compliance with the Florence Platform.
2. Initiates own development as required.
3. Be involved in any aspects of Governance and Compliance within the registered region and will keep up to date with significant changes in legislation or clinical practice requirements.
4. Be prepared to be trained on and use any information technology that is implemented within the organisation.
Equal opportunities at Florence
We promote an environment for our staff and app users that welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, races, religions, genders, sexual identities, abilities, and personal circumstances, in a spirit of inclusivity and belonging.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, and believe we find our strength in our diversity. If you require any accommodation to assist you in the interview process, please submit this with your enquiry.
We offer competitive salaries within a flexible, empathetic and highly collaborative working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of a career with a forward-thinking tech company committed to inclusion, we’d love to hear from you.
Join our online marketplace connecting nurses, carers and support workers with shifts.