Are you ready to empower your nursing career?
Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire
Hours: Full Time, Part Time, Flexible Working
Salary: From £27,244 plus enhancements
At St Andrew’s you can enjoy a special sense of pride and belonging – by helping transform the lives of patients, while shaping the future you want for yourself. We’re one of the UK’s leading mental healthcare charities with an excellent and well-deserved reputation as a provider of specialist mental healthcare.
Our commitment to holistic care, safety, recovery and innovative therapies and treatment makes St Andrew’s the perfect place to take your career to a new level. Join us and you’ll be part of a team with a shared focus on people not profits, with all surpluses re-invested to benefit our patients.
We have a number of exciting opportunities for both experienced and recently qualified Mental Health, Learning Disability Nurses to join our team. You will play a vital role as a valued member of our well established multi- disciplinary team, be responsible and accountable for the delivery of high quality, patient-focused care within our division.
You will have in depth experience of working with our patients in a mental health service. Being a strong team player, you will be able to build and maintain effective relationships across clinical teams. You will have good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop rapport with patients.
You will also be highly resilient, able to work under pressure and have good problem solving skills. You will have or be working towards an active NMC registration.
Choosing your first nursing role is a difficult decision. We believe there’s nowhere better to start your career than St Andrew’s Healthcare. Here are seven reasons why:
1. You’ll be coming to a world-class facility with its own teaching hospital and academic centre.
2. We’re a specialist charity that invests in innovative, patient-centric, holistic care.
3. Chance to be part of an expert multi-disciplinary team working on highly complex cases.
4. You will gain wide experience initially, then get to specialise in an area that interests you.
5. Expect to earn over £30,000 (including Shift enhancements) in your first year.
6. We offer a supportive preceptorship where you’re given a mentor to support you in your first 6 months
7. The cost of housing and living make Northampton a far more affordable place to live than major metropolitan centres – you can live a great lifestyle.
We offer an excellent package that includes:
Our patients and your colleagues will expect you to live the St Andrew’s CARE values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence every single day.
As a CQC regulated provider of healthcare, from 1 April 2022 we will be required to ensure that all of our workforce have had both first and second COVID-19 vaccinations (except for those who can demonstrate they are medically exempt).
St Andrew’s Healthcare is a charity providing specialist mental healthcare services. We work in partnership with a number of NHS, voluntary, educational and research organisations to deliver a range of specialist inpatient and community mental healthcare services, education and research that helps to improve the lives of people with complex mental health needs.
Come and visit the Team to find out more about our exciting career opportunities for Student / Newly Qualified Nurses and support you will be given throughout your career.